Tuesday 28 February 2012

Untitled


sometimes i go downstairs
and open the fridge
just to look inside
because i hope  something new will appear

sometimes i write letters
and rip them up later
because that's how i feel when someone
says they love me, then they leave me

sometimes i stand up 
and make up a song
because that's how my brain works

sometimes i cut my fingernails extra short
because i like the feel of pain 
everytime i touch something

sometimes i go to the park
and just sit there for a few hours
because i like to see children re-unite

sometimes i look at the screen 
and maybe see something i've never seen
because that's what i hope for in every person i meet

sometimes i paint my nails
then i clean the polish off
just because i like the way it feels 
on my fingers

sometimes i hum when people talk to me
so i can barely hear them
because i think that's what it would be like if 
i wore a hearing aid

sometimes i hold my breath
for as long as i can 
because at times i wish i was a fish 

sometimes i do things.
sometimes i don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment