Monday 27 February 2012

Dates to Remember




February 16th, 9.30
we were the rebels
the one who started fights
i even remember the time
we stuck stones down Miss.Kebbler's 
windpipe
we snuck out late at night
and danced to Pink Floyd
only to go home at 5 in the morning
feeling overjoyed 

February 18th, 5.02
i think this time, we over did it
mama's really mad
i herd her on the phone
talking to your dad
i'm hearing many words
but i don't want to believe
that just in a few short days
you'll pack up in leave.

February 20th, 4.05
I can't believe you left me
you laid me here to die
i watched you on the train
i refused to say goodbye
because i knew another day 
would come 
and we would reunite
best rebel forever
i'll sing till you're in sight

February 25th, 4.00
I can't seem to sleep 
all i think of is you
and it finally kicked in
i guess it's really true
you're never coming back 
time will never fly

March 5th, 6.15
every single day 
i sit and wait for you 
that maybe one day 
you'd come out of the blue
and we'd reminisce of good times
that we had shared
and whilst i wait for you
i come to the conclusion
i'm on the pursuit of loneliness


March 10th, 12.01
Today is our fifteenth friend-a-versary 
and i miss you more than ever
maybe it's about time
i wrote you a letter
but i don't know where you are
my parents refuse to tell me
i don't know who you are
maybe you have changed
i hope you haven't forgotten me
or become the least bit sane.

March 18th, 12.30
I wonder what you're doing at this exact moment
maybe you're biting your nails 
like you always  seemed to do 
or picking a fight with little boy 
or playing lovers fight for war two
or maybe you have changed
and you're reading a book
though you were never good at it
i bet you are now
and maybe if you're doing none of that
you're sleeping safe and sound.

March 25th, 2.45
ever since you left me
i've created a permanent frown
the idea that you'll forget me
leaves me feeling down
but maybe one day 
you'd wake up and miss me
and just run back home
and come and kiss me.

April 17th, 5.09
i've decided to forget you
i know you'd want me to
i've decided to move on
just as you did too
i've decided to keep you in my heart
but never will i shed a tear
i wish of you the best
in everything you do
i pray unto the lord
i'll meet you someday.
when the sky is clear and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment